Wednesday, October 6, 2010

B&W Photography Project idea

I love traveling and I love taking pictures. I was captivated by Manuel Rivera-Ortiz photography it combines street photography and traveling.  Most of the pictures on his website include man places that I have been which make it so much more moving. He captured things I remember seeing and things I wish I had seen. It is amazing how beautiful life is.

http://rivera-ortiz.com/html_gallery.cfm?menu_itemID=144826&load=html

Another amazing photographer is Steve McCurry. He has amazing color photos that portray life, joy, and struggle some have been published National Geographic.

http://www.stevemccurry.com/main.php

Due to the fact that I am stuck in Richmond for the duration of this project I really can't incorporate the traveling part. So I was looking at Robert Doisneau's photography... I love his kissing picture even though it has been commercialized into postcards and posters that college students hang on their wall it is still a beautiful picture of how everyday life is breathtaking.
http://www.masters-of-photography.com/D/doisneau/doisneau_kiss.html

Some of his inspiration was from another French photographer, Henri Cartier- Bresson

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/09/arts/design/09cartier.html

My idea for the project this term is to try to capture how beautiful everyday life can be and how captivating life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment